We first met almost forty years ago. There was an instantaneous physical, mental, and emotional mutual attraction. With billions of people in the world this was not the only possible combination, but this one was real and obvious. Within days we knew we belonged together for more than the immediate future. Within months we made a formal commitment to remain together. We have each faced many physical and emotional successes and challenges. We have survived because of each other.
And yet, we continue to learn about each other and discover more each day. We have friends, co-workers, and colleagues. But we have very few who share our inner selves except each other. Perhaps through these postings we may find others who are more like us…
Is Still Here & Still Here Too
Most Popular Posts (directly accessed in the last 7 days)
- ENTJ-INFP Coupling" class="wpp-post-title">An ENTJ-INFP Coupling
- MBTI" class="wpp-post-title">StrengthsFinder or MBTI
- ENTJ or INTJ — Extrovert or Introvert" class="wpp-post-title">ENTJ or INTJ — Extrovert or Introvert
- Cock Rings — Should Be Taught In Med School
- Purple Balls
- BDSM, a Better Understanding (NSFW)" class="wpp-post-title">BDSM, a Better Understanding (NSFW)
- ENTJ Father Confessor" class="wpp-post-title">Struggles of an ENTJ Father Confessor
- Personality Miscommunication — Throwing the Switch
- How Does a Successful Long-Term Relationship Start?
- I Need To Have an Orgasm
- An ENTJ-INFP Coupling (11)
- MisterJ: I can see that situation happening in a ENTJ-INFP couple’s conversation. But as an ENTJ, I would have...
- Raworahi: I found your blog yesterday and it was really helpful – I am like your husband in that in an ENTJ but...
- heffked: My ENTJ man has just roared back into my INFP life after 27 years (we dated in graduate school, then went...
- Is Still Here: I wish I could say that time makes communication between an ENTJ male and an INFP female easier but...
- ENTJ or INTJ – Extrovert or Introvert (1)
- Raworahi: As an E who is also on the cusp of being an I, I find great resonance with what you’ve written on the...
- StrengthsFinder or MBTI (5)
- Is Still Here: David, Sorry for being so slow to reply. The discussion of why I have been slow would cover personal...
- David: I’m very interested in the combination between your MBTI results and your strengths results. Where did...
- Is Still Here: Geezer-Chick, Of course the tests are intended to only be one of many indicators. But we all know...
- geezer-chick: Does your company really use these test results to figure out what people you can work with? what jobs...
- Lars: If you enjoyed StrenghtsFinder, i suggest you try also the VIA-IS: http://viame.uat.dev.aisysw...
- An ENTJ-INFP Coupling (11)
Topicsadvice aging America Belle de Jour birth Blog business cancer career CNN coffee commitment committed partnership Communication computer Conditions and Diseases conscious corporation Couples date Desire development divorce dot-com Education Employment energy engineer ENTJ ENTJ-INFP evolution exercise family Florida forms friendship games gay generations Government guilt Health Healthcare Human behavior humor illness INFP Internet Interpersonal Relationships joining kink Law Long-Term Relationships loss love Lymphoma management marriage media Medicine Myers-Briggs NPR Organizations Orgasm pain partnership penis Personality politics Politics of Sexuality procedures radiation Relationships research respect same-sex marriage science scientist sex Sex Education Sexual intercourse Sexuality Sexual relationships share sleep society stress Surgery survival talk transportation TV Twitter U.K. U.S. United States university water Work xkcd
Tag Archives: engineer
I first wrote about the impending draconian cuts to the UK science budgets back in July. I wrote an update just a few days ago. Many scientists, and others, have banded together to fight the situation through the Campaign for Science … Continue reading
Every time I hear the phrase I cringe. I must remind myself that the person speaking it is simply clueless. But not only is it derogatory, it is just plain wrong. Unfortunately, many managers and many engineers in industry have … Continue reading
I first wrote about the impending draconian cuts to the UK science budgets back in July. Since that time, the situation has not improved very much. Many scientists, and others, have banded together to fight the situation through the Campaign … Continue reading
Sometimes I feel very much like a stranger in a strange land. I know that there are generational differences between those of my age and the younger scientists and engineers I work with and advise. But some of them occasionally … Continue reading
“Ah ha, now I get it!” … Not really, what usually happens is quite different. I have actually had what could be called a few real breakthroughs in my scientific career. Nothing that is going to generate true fame; you will … Continue reading
We all knew this was coming, but the UK will pay the price for generations to come. New Scientist is reporting: So the axe has not fallen on British science — at least for now. Unveiling the UK coalition government’s long-awaited … Continue reading
When you work in a technical industry, there is often a premium placed upon advanced degrees in a technical field of study. Being someone upon whom a doctorate in theoretical studies of a physical science has been conferred, I have … Continue reading