We first met almost forty years ago. There was an instantaneous physical, mental, and emotional mutual attraction. With billions of people in the world this was not the only possible combination, but this one was real and obvious. Within days we knew we belonged together for more than the immediate future. Within months we made a formal commitment to remain together. We have each faced many physical and emotional successes and challenges. We have survived because of each other.
And yet, we continue to learn about each other and discover more each day. We have friends, co-workers, and colleagues. But we have very few who share our inner selves except each other. Perhaps through these postings we may find others who are more like us…
Is Still Here & Still Here Too
Most Popular Posts (directly accessed in the last 7 days)
- ENTJ-INFP Coupling" class="wpp-post-title" target="_self">An ENTJ-INFP Coupling
- Blog Discussions, Links, and Comments
- Death of Discussion
- Death of the Orgasm
- MBTI" class="wpp-post-title" target="_self">StrengthsFinder or MBTI
- Contact Us
- ENTJ or INTJ — Extrovert or Introvert" class="wpp-post-title" target="_self">ENTJ or INTJ — Extrovert or Introvert
- Cock Rings — Should Be Taught In Med School
- Elder Sex, Not Gross, Its Life
- ENTJ Challenges" class="wpp-post-title" target="_self">ENTJ Challenges
- Cock Rings – Should Be Taught In Med School (4)
- Jenna Clark: Thank you for the nice compliment! I came across your blog just today, and although it’s been a...
- An ENTJ-INFP Coupling (11)
- MisterJ: I can see that situation happening in a ENTJ-INFP couple’s conversation. But as an ENTJ, I would have...
- Raworahi: I found your blog yesterday and it was really helpful – I am like your husband in that in an ENTJ but...
- heffked: My ENTJ man has just roared back into my INFP life after 27 years (we dated in graduate school, then went...
- ENTJ or INTJ – Extrovert or Introvert (1)
- Raworahi: As an E who is also on the cusp of being an I, I find great resonance with what you’ve written on the...
- StrengthsFinder or MBTI (5)
- Is Still Here: David, Sorry for being so slow to reply. The discussion of why I have been slow would cover personal...
- David: I’m very interested in the combination between your MBTI results and your strengths results. Where did...
- Is Still Here: Geezer-Chick, Of course the tests are intended to only be one of many indicators. But we all know...
- geezer-chick: Does your company really use these test results to figure out what people you can work with? what jobs...
- Lars: If you enjoyed StrenghtsFinder, i suggest you try also the VIA-IS: http://viame.uat.dev.aisysw...
- Cock Rings – Should Be Taught In Med School (4)
Topicsadvice aging America Belle de Jour birth Blog business cancer career CNN coffee commitment committed partnership Communication computer Conditions and Diseases conscious corporation Couples date Desire development divorce dot-com Education Employment energy engineer ENTJ ENTJ-INFP evolution exercise family Florida forms friendship games gay generations Government guilt Health Healthcare Human behavior humor illness INFP Internet Interpersonal Relationships joining kink Law Long-Term Relationships loss love Lymphoma management marriage media Medicine Myers-Briggs NPR Organizations Orgasm pain partnership penis Personality politics Politics of Sexuality procedures radiation Relationships research respect same-sex marriage science scientist sex Sex Education Sexual intercourse Sexuality Sexual relationships share sleep society stress Surgery survival talk transportation TV Twitter U.K. U.S. United States university water Work xkcd
Tag Archives: Mental Health
I have been around for a few decades. I have undergone both physical and mental changes over time. Physical changes are pretty noticeable; they have been both constant and somewhat stepwise. Many of them have been noticeable both internally and externally. … Continue reading
There are two beliefs that I hold strongly that might seem to conflict with each other. The first belief is that couples are better off remaining monogamous as long as they can be part of a couple. There are corollaries … Continue reading
I will let you in on the secret right up front, you won’t ever know. You will never know because there is no such thing as “The One” out there for you to meet. Let me clarify that, “The One” … Continue reading
Absolutely any way it can! We know of many successful long-term relationships. There is no common thread in how they started. Successful long-term relationships that we know of include: Our own - We knew within a few weeks of meeting that we would … Continue reading
This is a follow-up to a recent post on our practice of accompanying each other whenever possible to our medical appointments. I had another scheduled medical procedure. One that involved male genitalia, néedles, some rather exotic medication (it would be … Continue reading
The 03 August 2009 edition of the Scotsman stated, “Professor Stuart Brody concludes that unprotected heterosexual sex can significantly boost men and women’s mental wellbeing. Conversely, Mr. Brody claims that heterosexual sex with a condom is associated with poorer mental … Continue reading